6 Signs Your Home Has Electrical Problems You Need to Fix ASAP

Research has shown that most homes do not comply with the recommended safety measures to avoid electric shocks and fire hazards. Problems are usually related to poor electrical installations and a lack of monitoring. Fortunately, there are some visible signs that can help us solve the problem before things get out of way.

holygiftnews has compiled a list of hazard factors that you should look for in your home. If you find any, be sure to correct them immediately.

1Electrical outlets are warm to the touch.

It is common for some appliances to heat up during use, but this is not a good sign if the socket itself also heats up. When a plug or socket is improperly secured, more power must pass through the plug to reach the unit, and this high power turns into lost heat, making the power outlet hot. If this happens to you, immediately remove the wires from the socket and do not restart them until the socket is repaired.

2Your lights flash for no apparent reason.

No, you don’t live in a haunted house. Flashing lights can be a sign of a faulty electrical connection. To find the problem, check how many lamps suffer from the same problem. If you only find one bad light, the problem must be in your wiring. But if other flashing lamps appear, the problem could be further into the circuit, and you should check the circuit breaker box or service connection outside your home.

3Les prises électriques ne sont pas fixées au mur.

In addition to looking like a garbage can, a poorly secured power outlet can be very dangerous. If they are not tight enough, they can blow up their wires, causing sparks, short circuits and even a fire hazard.

  1. There are rats in the house.

Despite their small size, rats can be intimidating for many people. And if you care about your electrical wiring, you have every reason to be afraid. These tiny rodents can gnaw at your circuits and leave behind the risk of a shock or spark.

  1. The wiring is made of aluminum.

Aluminium has been used in many electrical wiring in the past, probably due to a copper shortage in the mid-1960s. But a national survey conducted in the United States showed that this type of facility posed a fire risk in many homes. Aluminum oxidation can overheat when the wire is connected to sprites, sockets and fixtures. As a result, any excess of power can cause a fire.

  1. A burning smell around the house

Whether you’re worried about your electrical circuits or baking cookies, a burning smell is usually a bad sign. The wiring should not heat to the point of melting its plastic lid, but if this happens, you should identify the source immediately to avoid any risk of fire.

Have you noticed any of these problems in your home? Do you know of any other signs that could indicate an electrical problem

SHARE